RN - Cath Lab (Req#: 13811)
|April 04, 2012 - August 01, 2013|
|Department:||Surgical Services (ETQCN)|
|Description:||Possesses knowledge and skill necessary to meet standards for professional practice specified in Texas Nurse Practice Act. Practice is characterized by a balance of dependent and interdependent decision-making. Competently functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team. Recognizes when she/he needs assistance and seeks appropriate resources.|
|Duties:||• Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and documents the daily care of assigned patients. |
• Identifies nursing diagnosis/patient care needs, individualizes care plan, and revises plan of care as needed.
• Executes physician's orders for all assigned patients; administers medications and treatments and delivers population specific competent nursing care in accordance with UTHSCT's policies, procedures, and standards.
• Performs routine technical procedures/skills in specialty area assigned.
• Performs and reports Point of Care testing.
• Provides basic patient/family instruction and healthcare teaching.
• Promotes positive guest and patient relations.
• Respects and supports patient rights. Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality of information and records at all times
• Required to maintain competency in the patient safety functions related to their position.
• Participates and supports Hospital Performance Improvement activities.
• Completion of Annual Mandatory Training, TB testing, and required licensure and certifications before expiration date.
• Other duties, as assigned.
|Qualifications:||Must possess and maintain a current RN license or compact RN license to practice in Texas. |
Must possess and maintain current CPR Healthcare Provider.
RN with 2 years experience in Cath Lab.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.